Tuesday 1 February 2022

Topsy Turvy SAL - Summer

 

It's winter and I know some of my stitchy friends have snow but for our Topsy Turvy SAL this month we're stitching summer designs ... this actually is our theme for March too. 

I am hoping to do more on my hardanger tablecloth and also start a summery design I have had in my stash for a while. 

Here's a few ideas for summer: 

Jardin Prive has a super design with her season trees

Durene Jones has a huge collection of free charts on her Facebook page 

Lizzie Kate has a cute summer stitch too

The design choice for summer is huge: flowers, butterflies, birds, houses, beach or seaside, almost any design could be used. This is my mini cushion for summer, it was a set from Mausimom's blog that I stitched in 2016 for the Needlecraft Haven Four Seasons SAL. 


You can join in TTSAL by posting on your own blog, with Needlecraft Haven and by joining the Topsy Turvy Group on Facebook. The 20th of each month is photo sharing day, happy stitching. 

9 comments:

Mary said...

I plan on joining this month, Jan stitching was a gift and a Christmas ornament that proved to be more time consuming than I planned on. I love this idea!!

butterfly said...

Lovely stitching Clare , it brings Summer closer .
Have a lovely week hugs .

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I have a summer design which I plan to stitch over Feb/Mar. I just need to get myself organised to take part :)

Carol said...

Very pretty, Clare! I find that I have less summer stitching than any other season. I guess I should start stitching summer stuff, too :)

diamondc said...

Clare: Nice pillow and finishing.
Thank-you for the links.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It is nice to be thinking about Summer again! Even though we've not had snow, it's still been a bit wild and windy today!

Faith... said...

Summer can't get here fast enough! It is my favorite season of the year.

FlashinScissors said...

Pretty stitching Clare.
Lovely to be thinking of summer, and it will be here before we know it!
It was nice to see all the links. I love the Lizzie Kate pattern and might stitch that - but I’m not on Facebook so I’ll just show my stitching on my blog.
Barbara xx

Astrids dragon said...

I'm almost ready for summer, one good storm storm would be nice though.
A lovely finish, the fabric goes great with it!