Thursday 10 March 2022

Fully Finished Objects in March

 

Rachel, Ten Hour Stitcher, hosts Fully Finished Objects, a super chance for us to show and tell about the crafty items we have completely finished. Thanks Rachel, your FFO prompt each month really helps me finish my projects instead of them still in my project folders. It also helps spur me on to finishing my Alphabet Tree letters as I stitch them which means I will not have a huge finishing task at later in the year.


This bookmark is a design by Faby Reilly and I actually finished it last month but I could not share it. It now lives in Australia with Elfie, thank you Postie for a safe delivery.


This is another FFO that I actually made in February. Using my new sewing machine I made our daughter two Coffee Koozies for her birthday. I have no idea why they are slightly different in size as I used the same pattern although I made them a few weeks apart. 

My next finish is my new sewing box for my travelling bag. As I posted in my February Smalls my current sewing box is a little too big to fit nicely in my new bag so I made a new one out of an old watch box. This one is deeper so hopefully my threads for any holiday project will fit in too.  I did the top smaller and not to the edge so the cording will not catch in the bag. The pin cushion/needle holder is a small jam jar that I made a padded top for, I'll use it for my holiday orts. 





This stitch was for Jo's Facebook group JCS Stitch Along. It was February's choice, A Friendly Snowman by Durene Jones. He's lovely isn't he. I backed my bookmark with foam felt and trimmed the fringing. 


I have made up my four letters for the Alphabet Tree. These are our immediate family initials, Hubby, our son, our daughter and her partner. I am busy stitching my initials and our parents initials now, I'm noticing we have many names of the same initial but not name. I will make sure there is at least one ornament for every letter when the tree is put up but I may not stitch all 26 of both designs.



Aren't these letters beautiful! Suzanne stitched these for the tree, she sent them in a card and I have made them up to match the others. I love the little Christmas motifs on each one, thank you so much Suzanne. 



Another month of good finishes, I hope I can continue to finish as I stitch as it certainly stops things sitting in a drawer unfinished. It's nice too to have a day for finishing, especially if it's raining as I still feel as if I've done something.

Happy finishing! 

9 comments:

Maggie said...

Lovely lot of finishes Claire, you have been busy :-)
I love the little traveling set you made, so pretty.

Mary's Thread said...

What a nice lot of finishes this month! I like seeing all the variety! The box especially is very sweet and useful!

Mary said...

I love the letters you finished for your tree, what wonderful patterns. The sewing box is so sweet, love the pincushion. Wonderful finishes!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fabulous finishing this month and a lot more than me!
I love your travelling sewing box.
The coffee cosies look the same size to me, I think it might be an optical illusion as they are curved, the bottom one appears bigger to most people.

Suzanne H said...

Oh my! What wonderful finishes this month. I love your letters and I'm so glad my letters reached you safely. I love your box. I would like a new top for my stitching box. You've got me thinking of what I can do.

Faith... said...

I just love your new sewing box and the accessories tor it. You are getting lots of letters for your tree. I have been looking for some letters that I like so that I can stitch them up for your tree as well.

Carol said...

So many lovely finishes this month, Clare! I especially like the little sewing box you created! Enjoy your weekend ♥

Brenda said...

Awww Clare, you put me to shame with so many finishes. They are just wonderful.

Rachel said...

Playing catch up again ;)
Thank you for joining in with March's FFG SAL, and with so many projects! Love your coffee koozies and watch box, and of course all the letters. One rainy day each month can make all the difference! :)