Sunday 20 March 2022

TTSAL March - Summer

The Topsy Turvy theme for February and March has been Summer. I really wanted to do more on my tablecloth but time has beaten me. Still I have two sides done, to be honest the plotting out takes more time than stitching. At least once the edges are done I can just stitch as the pattern follows itself. 


I did however stitch this super Lizzie Kate summer freebie and decided to use my old threads, they are ones left over from various kits.

I enjoyed selecting the colours but after a while I began to think it looked more autumn than summer. Reading everyone's comments the colours were ok but once the niggle starts ....

So after a little bit of frogging and restitching my summer ornament looks a little more summery.

I used some foam felt as backing and folded my stitching fabric instead of mounting on card. After the faff I am pleased with my summer ornament. It won't be long before I can display it as the months are certainly passing by with speed, today is Spring Equinox when daylight hours are now longer than night hours.



5 comments:

butterfly said...

Lovely new Summer stitch , and your table cloth .
Have a fun Sunday hugs June.

diamondc said...

Clare: any stitching is progress, super sweet summer design and finish.

Catherine

Faith... said...

Love your tablecloth! Your summer piece is cute.

Carol said...

Your summer finish is darling, Clare! That was a great idea to use up some of your old threads! Enjoy your weekend!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The Summer piece is lovely in both colourways!
I've chosen my Just Nan Summer Sampler today, ready to start when I finish my Spring design. Summer is a coming!