Friday 15 December 2023

Gifted Gorgeousness in December

 


Gifted Gorgeousness is hosted each month by the lovely Jo at Serendipitous Stitching. GG, on the 15th of each month, is when we share our latest gifts. These can be gifts given or received, or any item made using fabric, threads, buttons, ribbon, chart, backing fabric that has been gifted. If you visit Jo's blog you'll find the links to everyone's Gifted Gorgeousness posts.

This is the final GG of 2023, thank you Jo for hosting this super blog sharing every month. 

My first and most important GG is from Jo herself, throughout the year she gifts to all of us her time .... time to organise Blog Hops for us all to enjoy. It was my turn yesterday to be part of this year's Advent Hop, it was a pleasure to join in, thank you Jo for all you do and give to us all. 

The 1st December each year is Opening Day for our Christmas Exchange at Needlecraft Haven. This year my ornament was from Mary, a beautiful snowman with matching backing fabric. Mary also stitched me a lovely robin card which I hope I can turn into an ornament to put on our tree next year.




My ornament made it's way to Christine, I too stitched a snowman. I just couldn't resist his smiley face and robin friend.


I haven't yet visited church to see all the trees as Hubby and I have been under the weather with the nasty cold bug going round. We are hoping to visit Sunday so I will post about it soon. 

This is my White Tree, first put up in 2019 which was our daughter and then boyfriend's first Christmas. It seemed perfect to show it again for this year following their wedding in the summer, I added six hardanger hearts and the beautiful hardanger ornament that DJ sent. 



My final Gifted Gorgeousness in 2023 really surprised me and brought a massive smile to my face. As well as my ornament and card Mary sent a gift direct from 123stitch. I have looked at these many many times but have never ordered one as it needed to come from the USA.

I am beyond excited to have a book dedicated to my stitching, 2024 will be a very exciting year of stitching and I might be a little better at scheduling my finishing and blogging (I am always up late the night before a gift needs posting or giving). Thank you so so much Mary.


Thank you everyone for a lovely year in blogland. I've loved seeing everyone's wips, ufos and finishes and I look forward to seeing more in 2024.

I'll leave you with my best gift of the year: my family all together at our daughter's wedding, a gift to be treasured 😍



8 comments:

DJ said...

Oh dear, I hope the two of you feel better soon!! Aww what lovely ornaments the two of you stitched! Snowmen make me smile! The card is very sweet and I'm like you, I would make it into an ornament somehow! Your tree looks beautiful! I'm looking forward to seeing your post about the trees! Happy Stitching!

butterfly said...

Lovely stitched gifts , hope you feel better soon hugs June.

diamondc said...

Clare: Merry Christmas, your tree is stunning, love the hardanger angel so beautiful, thank-you for sharing your sweet ornaments with us, love the beautiful wedding photo.

Catherine

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

DD's wedding photo was the perfect end to this blog post Clare.
Your White tree looks great. I'm sorry I was unable to complete something for it this year.If I remember correctly you will be able to re-purpose the robin as an ornament.
Love the ornament you sent Christine.

Faith... said...

You received some very cute gifts! The tree does look beautiful and what a gorgeous wedding photo of the happy couple and family.

Astrids dragon said...

A very sweet card and so many lovely ornaments!
A dedicated book for stitching, perfect.
Oh yes, family is definitely a gift, what a beautiful photo.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG in December, yes I am this far behind in commenting!
Fabulous selection of ornaments and the tree is beautiful too.
Lovely family photo of you all together.

Rachel said...

A lovely post, thinking of Gifted Gorgeousness as more than just cross stitching. Love your White Christmas Tree (the church must look so bare when they are all taken down) and all your other gifted goodies.